OUR ECO STORY
As we contribute to the nurturing of the next generation, we naturally have an eye on its future – in the immediate but also the longer term. Like many other institutions, Storybook Montessori Ascot is keen to do what it can to react to the challenges the environment faces.
This starts with the small things, the changing of habits and behaviour patterns. Faced with the magnitude of the bigger picture these can seem insignificant, but they are foundations to keep building on. Our commitment to the environment includes:
– The use of an online portal (My Montessori Child) for forms, daily reports and learning journals.
– Using recyclable paper, tissues and toilet paper and recyclable gloves for nappy changes.
– Managing our waste to recycle whatever we can.
– Onsite buggy store and bike store facility.
– Encouraging staff and parents to consider parking the car at home and using alternative transport.
We are constantly looking for ways to make Storybook a greener environment for the benefit of us all and we urge parents to support us in our initiatives whenever they can and remember that every journey begins with a single step.